Get more information on Facebook or call. 605-951-1324
Keeping Kids In outDoor Sports
“Our mission is to Educate and enhance the lives of diversified youth through mentorship and hands on training of outdoor sports. “
There is an epidemic going on all around us that we do not have the cure for, but KKIDS does have the remedy it takes to make a great impact on the problem! Keeping Kids In outDoor Sports or KIDDS was originated in the Midwest as one chapter and in the last year, with the help of our volunteers, we have been able to triple that. It may not seem like much right now, but our wealth of knowledge and passion for the cure continues to grow as we expand.
Worldwide, the youth of today are being drawn away from our heritage by unprecedented levels of gaming and/or social media on digital devices. Right now in the United States, on average, children spend 7 hours and 38 minutes a day with digital media. While technology is a wonderful thing, our American traditions of outdoor sports are being lost in the wake of its’ mass acceptance. As true sportsman, we understand the importance of conservation and preservation of our outdoor legacy, and will continue to be the example for the world to see. Our traditions have given us the opportunity to help preserve our hunting, fishing, and all other outdoor sports for the youth of today and hopes of many generations to come by passing on these customs.
We are investing in today’s youth to give them the opportunity to learn the trade, conserve our land, and to respect Earth and living beings on it. Educating these young people now, will have a direct impact on the longevity of the outdoor sportsman and our land.
- June 24th - KKIDS Volunteers meeting. Red Eye backroom 6:30 - 8pm
- July 8th - Board of directors ONLY please Meeting Red Eye backroom 6 - 7:30pm
- July 9th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- July 16th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- July 22nd - Board/Volunteers meeting, topics are Expo/Fishing events Red Eye 6:30-8pm
- July 23rd - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- July 30th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- August 6th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- August 8th - Fishing Event NW of Garretson SD
- August 13th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- August 20th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- August 27th - Catch the King RELOADED ---- Fundraiser at 212 Brandon SD
- TBA - Follow up meeting for the Youth events
- August 29th - 11th annual KKIDS Outdoor Expo at Garretson Sportsmen Club
- Sept. 2nd - Youth Waterfowl Board/Volunteers meeting
- Sept 19-20 - 9th annual youth waterfowl hunt. Location TBA
Click links below to see photo albums!
Our Mission; "To Educate and enhance the lives of diversified youth through mentorship and hands on training of various outdoor sports.”
• Commitment: KKIDS wants to inspire pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and instill a sense of confidence in the basics of outdoor sports for the future
• Responsibility: The focus of KKIDS is to empower youth in establishing goals and following through on commitments of conservation.
• Possibility: KKIDS wants to expand the perspective of young people to make them aware of life’s outdoor possibilities.
• Support: An individual is dramatically influenced by their support system. KKIDS wants to surround young people in a caring, inclusive learning environment.
• KKIDS was established to provide mentoring to youth of all ages. This program creates partnerships with the local organizations and communities allowing youth to learn, grow and find their niche in the outdoors and in their communities. KKIDS matches caring adult volunteers and programs with youth.
• Establish a strong network of support with other foundations, groups, & organizations.
• Launch a series of fundraising activities that will successfully fund the expanding program.
Establish an effective training program for mentors to increase their ability to be successful communicators.
Establish an effective monitoring system to protect both the youth and the mentor.
Purchase Property to Build KKIDS Camp to host our own events and camps
Expand chapter outreach into new areas. 1+ chapters a year every year
• KKIDS is a Federal tax-exempt not-for-profit 501c3 organization that educates youth in various outdoor sports. Bonded and insured to protect all of its donors, volunteers, and youth participants
KKIDS forecast of revenues for 2017 is $50,000. The stable core funding is from Federal/State grants, Public Foundations, private parties, and fundraiser events. Anticipated growth from these funding sources is estimated to be 15% over the next three years. KKIDS will focus on rapidly increasing funding from the sources of private donations, business sponsorships and fundraising campaigns and grants. By 2020, goal revenue should be in excess of $76,000.
This plan in effect and working the way we envision it moves us forward with building the future of KKIDS. Our focus will be in location purchase and development. Finding a piece of property that will meet criteria to be the home chapter of KKIDS to set up camp, this will set the tempo for each chapter.
• waterfront access, near or on substantial body of water to fish, hunt, kayak, ect.
• enough room to allow for growth and potential expansion, with the option to buy or lease more property near location.
• eligible for construction of storage buildings and cabin for meeting, classes, hosting event ect.
• Ideally under 1 hr drive time or less from Sioux Falls
We look forward to working with you to forge a clear path for our youths future by preserving the heritage that brought us where we stand today as responsible sportsmen and women. Help us to give our children the same opportunities we had.
Jeffrey Boer ......................................605-951-1324